CE HOURS :
“ The great things about Ayurveda is that its treatments always yield side benefits , not side effects” – Shubhra Krishan, Essential Ayurveda : What it is and what it can do for you.
Indian Head Massage ( Champa Massage ) as part of Ayurvedic massage ) has been practiced for many centuries as part of the family health care. Indian mothers would massage their babies’ hair, head neck and shoulders to stimulate growth and relaxation. Practitioners would use massage to increase circulation and lymphatic flow to cleanse and purify the body. Only then would the patient achieve inspiration and joyful health
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- To Eliminate Excess
- To Purify
- To Strengthen or Rejuvenate
- To maintain the Strength
- Understanding and reinforcing the individuality of the PATIENT
- Ayurvedic massage goes beyond the purely aesthetic and superficial
- IT ENHANCES CURRENT WESTERN FACIAL AND BODY TREATMENTS BY TREATING THE PRANA ( CONSTITUTIONAL ENERGY ! )
- Ayurvedic Massage also stimulates nerve function,
- Improves relaxation , creating calmness and emotional well-being.
- Concentration and alertness are optimized.
- Addresses myofascial pain, fibromyalgia and chronic internal disorders through stretches, opening up of the meridians -nadis and Ayurvedic acupressure on the points – marmas and the use of select oils
- Other benefits include: Relief from tension headaches, eye-strain, ear problems, neck and shoulder stiffness, sinusitis, scalp tension and mental fatigue
PURPOSE OF WORKSHOP
- How to incorporate massage, oils and pressure point technique in a 60 min treatment of HEAD, NECK SHOULDERS,BODY AND FEET on the table or in a chair !!!
- Explanation of the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force Prana, meditation and the philosophy behind Ayurvedic massage
- How to evaluate, analyze and treat the client as an individual
- The three different types of massage suited for each individual
- An explanation of functions of and locations of the marmas (pressure points )
- Location and explanation of the nadi ( meridian system)
- Discussion of the choice of appropriate essential oils , herbs and their energetic qualities for each individual client
- How to apply the three principal strokes , satvic, rajassic and tamasic according to the issues and personality of a client.
- How to select the best Ayurvedic massage with appropriate oils by finding out to which Dosha ( constitution ) the client belongs .
WHAT ELSE CAN I EXPECT?
This is mainly a hands-on course. We will practice the three principal strokes and techniques ( Sattva, Raja, Tamas) , apply oils and get a great revitalizing and relaxing treatment
Bring a hand towel . Suggested oils ( Rosemary, Sandalwood, Lavender,
Myrrh Peppermint, Frankincense, Patchouli and blends, etc and an open mind !