When planning to fulfill your CE requirements, you might want to select courses that expand your skills.
One area where there is a lot of material is the field of Eastern bodywork and medicine
Here are some reasons:
1. This field covers treatments of not only the body and myofascial componenet but the feet,head,face
2. You can work more effectively by addressing the real causes of dis-ease and balance and harmonise the Qi/Ki /Prana of the person
3. Therefore your treatments last longer and go deeper than many Western massage modalities
4. Most schools just cover Eastern medicine and modalities superficially
5. The market in America is sophisticated enough to include Eastern medicine and Eastern bodywork
6. Every year, thousands of massage graduates leave school with only the knowledge of Swedish massage and Western clinical massage ( if at all ! ). So you want to carve a niche for yourself !
7. You want to practice also as a healer and “craftsman/woman and not just be labeled as another massage therapist. the public should see you as someone special
8. I can give you the skills by training you in my many courses, like” The Art of Japanese Zen Facial Massage with Aromatherapy”., or if you are into deep energy work in medical massage, try my ” Chinese Craniosacral Therapy with Visceral Manipulation and Medical Qigong” a.k.a ” Daoist Pain Management with Visceral manipulation and medical Qigong
9. You will eventually ” specialise” into these directions as you get more experienced i: Medical,Energy and Medical,Relaxation. Spa or Private Practice,Medical Practice with a Doctor/Chiropractor
10. You also want to practice a modality that “saves’ your hands and body,but is comprehensive enough to address most issues
These are just ten principal reasons for diversification. Maybe you can e-mail me some more. I know, i haven’t mentioned money + income as a reason to diversify…..