Event has started**HOME STUDY** ETHICS AND PROFESSIONALISM FOR THE MASSAGE THERAPISTYear Around Event (2021) Event Organized By: Wolfgang Luckmann Event TagsA MASTERS CLASS IN TAOIST ACUPRESSURE,AROMATHERAPY ESSENTIAL OILS,HOME STUDY COURSE
CE HOURS: 3 CE HOURS APPROVED BY THE N.C.B.T.M.B. PROV# 2797780-00 / FLORIDA BOARD OF MASSAGE THERAPY PROV # 50 – 1674
Guest List (Attending: 0)
N.C.B.T.M.B. APPROVED PROV # 279778-00 AND FLORIDA STATE APPROVED PROV # 50-1674 COST $ 40.00 CE HOURS : 3 CE HOURS PURPOSE: The course addresses ethics, professionalism and explains our boundaries
N.C.B.T.M.B. APPROVED PROV # 279778-00 AND FLORIDA STATE APPROVED PROV # 50-1674
COST $ 40.00 CE HOURS : 3 CE HOURS
- The course addresses ethics, professionalism and explains our boundaries as bodyworkers
- The bodyworker is educated and informed on the definitions of ethics, professionalism and practice boundaries
- This course will assist the professional in defining the role of the bodyworker and give him and her tools to clarify boundaries, questionable behaviours and the recognition of potentially harmful situations
- Define ethics, boundaries and duties
- Name important concepts in psychology that assist healthcare professionals to maintain an ethical practice
- Identify ways to ensure professionalism and maintain boundaries
- Explore the issues of intimacy in an ethical practice
- Describe the red flags that indicate that potential boundary infringement may be occurring
- State the guidelines to follow to report ethical dilemmas
- Compare and contrast practicing within and outside the scope of practice
- Discuss a therapeutic relationship and examine possible negative outcome.
The course has 10 questions that professionals must ask that require self-reflection and introspection. In addition there are situational discussion topics.
At the end of the workshop, the student will be able to describe and clarify ethical boundaries. The student will be able to develop tools to use if boundaries are in question and develop a practical approach to deal with common ethical problems. We will also use the NCBTMB Code of Ethics to recommit to the patient and to the profession .
Year Around Event (2021)
Wolfgang LuckmannA.P., Lmt. 19842 (FL), Dip.Hom. Florida ( Prov # 50-1674 ) NCBTMB approved ( Prov # - 279778-00 ) Florida C.E. Provider of Massage Therapy Workshops Florida C.E. Provider of courses for Acupuncture NCCAOM Provider # ACHB-059 for Acupuncture