(Friday) 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
CORTIVA COLLEGE CROMWELL
45 Shunpike Rd - Suite 10
WHERE: CORTIVA COLLEGE , 45 SHUNPIKE RD. STE 10,CROMWELL, C.T. 06416 TEL: 860 – 667-1886 WHEN: MAY 1, 2020, FRIDAY 8.30 – 5.30 COST: $ 150.00 / $ 50.00 DEPOSIT LOCKS
WHERE: CORTIVA COLLEGE , 45 SHUNPIKE RD. STE 10,CROMWELL, C.T. 06416 TEL: 860 – 667-1886
WHEN: MAY 1, 2020, FRIDAY 8.30 – 5.30
COST: $ 150.00 / $ 50.00 DEPOSIT LOCKS DOWN YOUR PLACE !
FOR THE MASSAGE THERAPIST AND ESTHETICIAN ,COSMETOLOGIST
8 CE HOURS APPROVED BY THE N.C.B.T.M.B. PROV. # 279778-00 / AND FLORIDA PROV # 50-1674
Indian Head Massage known as “ Champi ” has been practiced for many centuries as part of the family health care. Ayurvedic doctors practiced it for skin rejuvenation and as part of an anti-aging technique. Indian mothers would massage their babies’ hair, head neck and shoulders to stimulate HOLISTIC growth and relaxation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Indian head massage goes beyond the purely aesthetic and superficial
- Stimulates nerve function,
- Improves relaxation , creating calmness and emotional well-being.
- Concentration and alertness are optimized.
- Other benefits include: The relief of tension headaches, eye-strain, ear problems, neck and shoulder stiffness, Bell’s Palsy, sinusitis, scalp tension and mental fatigue
- Rejuvenation of total body, mind and spirit
PURPOSE OF WORKSHOP
- How to incorporate massage, oils and pressure point technique in a 35 – 45 min treatment of HEAD, NECK SHOULDERS AND FEET on the table or in a chair !!!
- Explanation of the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force Prana, meditation and the philosophy behind Ayurvedic massage
- How to evaluate, analyze and treat the client as an individual
- The three different types of massage suited for each individual
- An explanation of functions of and locations of the marmas (pressure points )
- Location and explanation of the nadi ( meridian system)
- Discussion of the choice of appropriate essential oils , herbs and their energetic qualities for each individual client
- How to apply the three principal strokes , satvic, rajastic and tamasic
- HOW TO SELECT APPROPRIATE OILS AND ESSENTIAL OILS FOR DIFFERENT CONDITIONS
- How to do a vigorous, but relaxing foot and leg massage
WHAT ELSE CAN I EXPECT?
This is mainly a hands-on course. We will practice the three principal strokes and techniques ( Sattva, Raja, Tamas) , apply oils and get a great revitalizing and relaxing treatment
Bring a hand towel , Suggested oils ( Rosemary, Sandalwood, Lavender,
Peppermint, Frankincense, Myrrh , Patchouli and blends, etc ) and an open mind ! IF YOU DON’T OWN ANY OILS, YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE !