CE HOURS: 8 CE HOURS APPROVED BY FLORIDA FOR MASSAGE AND THE NCBTMB.
“ You can’t turn back the clock ,but you can wind it up again “ – Bonnie Prudden ( Massage pioneer of Trigger point therapy )
FOR THE MASSAGE THERAPIST AND ESTHETICIAN, COSMETOLOGIST
Indian Head Massage known as “ Champa ” has been practiced for many centuries as part of the family health care. Ayurvedic doctors practiced it for skin rejuvenation and as part of an anti-aging technique. Indian mothers would massage their babies’ hair, head neck and shoulders to stimulate growth and relaxation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Indian head massage goes beyond the purely aesthetic and superficial
- Holistically rejuvenates the entire being of the client
- Stimulates nerve function,circulation
- Improves relaxation , creating calmness and emotional well-being.
- Concentration and alertness are optimized.
- Other areas of benefit include: tension headaches, eye-strain, ear problems, neck and shoulder stiffness, Bell’s Palsy, sinusitis, scalp tension and mental fatigue
PURPOSE OF WORKSHOP
- Explanation of the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force Prana, meditation and the philosophy behind Ayurvedic massage
- How to evaluate, analyze and treat the client as an individual
- The three different types of massage suited for each individual
- An explanation of functions of and locations of the marmas (pressure points )
- Location and explanation of the nadi ( meridian system)
- Discussion of the choice of appropriate essential oils , herbs and their energetic qualities for each individual client
- How to apply the three principal strokes , satvic, rajastic and tamasic
- HOW TO SELECT APPROPRIATE OILS AND ESSENTIAL OILS FOR DIFFERENT CONDITIONS
- How to do a vigorous, but relaxing foot and leg massage
WHAT ELSE CAN I EXPECT?
This is mainly a hands-on course. We will practice the three principal strokes and techniques ( Sattva, Raja, Tamas) , apply oils and get a great revitalizing and relaxing treatment
Bring a hand towel , Table suggested oils ( Rosemary, Sandalwood, Lavender,
Peppermint, Frankincense, Patchouli and blends, etc ) and an open mind ! IF YOU DON’T OWN ANY OILS, YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE !